1) Employment opportunities: more than any other city in Canada, Windsor has the most jobs due the fact that they are rapidly refurbishing and rebuilding their city, they are improving the roads, the buildings, the housings, the plumbing and the commercial sector of the city. With so many great job opportunities in all walks of life, there is no other place to be. There are employments in blue collar sector such as construction, plumbing, security guards, repairman, and electricians etc. There is also an abundance of white collar office jobs in the commercial and IT industry.
2) Mild climate: it gets terribly cold here too, but not as cold as Toronto, Vancouver or Manitoba. There are all the four seasons here rather than the perpetual winter, and though the temperature does go sub-zero here too, it’s nothing as compared to other regions of the country. So if you want to have more of a life without being frozen to a popsicle, Windsor Ontario is the place for you. You can enjoy spring, summer, autumn and winter, and that is something that can be said about very few cities of Canada.
3) Less population: you want to live in a big city but you don’t want all the fuss of the big city. Is the pollution, the noise and the soot not your thing? Then Windsor is the place for you. Although there has been a steady trickle of people over the last few years, Windsor Ontario still has a long way to go before becoming a loud, noisy and polluted metropolitan.
4) smart energy plan: this is one very unique aspect of Windsor Ontario. They are working in energy efficiency in such a way that the use of energy will be sustainable, and the natural resources will be depleted as little as necessary. The use of land will be modified, and introducing green energy solutions that will not only make energy sustainable but also help the local development of economy. There is an entire green house emission committee that watches and studies the emission of the greenhouse gases and comes up with appropriate solutions.
5) low crime rate: this is rather surprising seeing there’s just some seven hundred kilometres separating Windsor from Detroit, US, which has a high crime rate. The crime rate in Windsor is the lowest than any other city in the country, and is actually the safest place to be even in the darkest hours of night.
6 )Booming real estate: this is the main catch. You home in Windsor will be worth a lot more than it will in any city of Canada. This is because there is a very high demand of houses and apartments in this city. So high in fact, that construction crews are actually getting short of men and money. This places your property in to the category of a very highly lucrative investment.